Roadster Super 90 GT?

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Erik Modin
356 Fan

Roadster Super 90 GT?

#1 Post by Erik Modin »

To my knowledge there was never a Super 90 GT Roadster offered by the factory. As I understand Drauz did not have capacity to make aluminum doors. I was a bit taken back when I got the Cardex info on my Roadster: Super 90, alloy GT wheels, Aluminum GT seats, 60mm GT brakes and then something not readable. (I believe it to be the 80 liter GT tank that was in it before I got it!) Does anybody know anything about this? Could you get more GT stuff on a Roadster or was this what you were offered if you wanted a GT?
Erik
Erik

Rainer Schmidt
356 Fan
Tag: __________________________

#2 Post by Rainer Schmidt »

Hi Eric,
did you spoke with Michael von der Gathen. He has (or had) a Super 90 GT Coupe. Perhaps he can help. Or Peter Hofmann he has a B T 5 Carrera Roadster (see http://www.classic-parts.com/index.php? ... eugGalerie).
Best regards
Best regards

Rainer

John Willhoit
356 Fan

#3 Post by John Willhoit »

Those items were available to special order for any car, Coupe, Cab, or Roadster.
John Willhoit
http://www.willhoitautorestoration.com
(562) 439-3333 shop
(714) 356-1735 cell

Erik Modin
356 Fan

Roadster GT stuff

#4 Post by Erik Modin »

John Willhoit wrote:Those items were available to special order for any car, Coupe, Cab, or Roadster.
As John points out Porsche could deliver any of these parts on any car. But I guess my question is more about the level of equipment actually delivered on Roadsters. I've owned and restored many Roadsters over the years and seen maybe 200-300 at shows or in the media. Some had Speedster seats, some had a wood wheel but none of them had any hard core GT parts. So I dont think GT parts when I think of Roadsters and thats why I was so surprised when my friend at Porsche sent me the Cardex! So it kind of boils down to: How unique is it with this level of GT equipment on a Super 90 Roadster? :?:
Erik