Login Issues

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Wil Mittelbach
356 Fan

Re: Login Issues

#31 Post by Wil Mittelbach »

Greg Bryan wrote: So,it does work for me. Why it doesn't for some others, I can't say.
Greg -
It also now works well for me, with no problems whatsoever - thanks to all your Herculean efforts.
- Wil

Mervyn Hyde
356 Fan

#32 Post by Mervyn Hyde »

To date, I have had the same problems. When I reopen the 'site after some time, I have to log in again and then it tells me "you are already logged in". So then I stay logged in for some hours. Even if I visit other sites in a session and then come back to the Reg I am still logged in, for a while. Other forums don't seem to have the same problem, if I save the 'open' page as a bookmark. It is a small problem on a site that is extremely helpful and knowledgeable. I have arrived the 'remember me' and also have auto password set on my computer.
Merv
TYP356
1963 356B T6
1968 911 SWB

Mervyn Hyde
356 Fan

#33 Post by Mervyn Hyde »

Maybe I missed it but was this ever fixed? I still have to log in every day, unlike other forums where I can save the auto log in details. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I have Bookmarked the main page and 'remembered' me.
Merv
TYP356
1963 356B T6
1968 911 SWB

Nanette Reid
356 Fan

#34 Post by Nanette Reid »

It still doesn't work for me - the "Remember Me" just saves my details, it does nothing to keep me logged in.

On other forums I post to regularly, there is a check box for "Stay Logged In" (or some such instruction) - some allow me to remain logged in for eternity, others have a drop-down box that lets you decide a time limit or "Never Log Out".

For the record, I'm on a Mac, my OSX is El Capitan (10.11.6) and I'm using the latest version of Safari (10.1.2).