RHD Steering Pitman Arm

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
StephenJohns
356 Fan

Re: RHD Steering Pitman Arm

#16 Post by StephenJohns »

Ok. This has dragged on due to unforseen circumstances with the engineer but its getting close now.

Cad Cam drawing attached plus first run on billet. We will update shortly but these wont be too far away.
Thank you for everyone's patience who has placed an order.
We will be in touch as soon as possible.
IMG_6011_resized.jpg
IMG_6010_resized.jpg

StephenJohns
356 Fan

#17 Post by StephenJohns »

Its moving along now. The programme took several hours to write and each pitman arm will take over 1 hour to complete before the splining etc.
Taped ball joint holes now completed.
Another picture showing progress. Engineer advised that we should have these within 7-10 days all going well.
IMG_6016_resized.jpg

StephenJohns
356 Fan

#18 Post by StephenJohns »

Now we are getting somewhere...
IMG_6018_resized.jpg
IMG_6017_resized.jpg

StephenJohns
356 Fan

#19 Post by StephenJohns »

Pitman arms are finally 99% finished.
Off to the case hardeners over the weekend and we should have here ready to process orders for those that have secured 1 or more initially when offered.
Final pricing yet to be confirmed but will be within 10% of what was originally estimated.
Much more time went into these than initially thought so the cost to manufacture was significantly higher.

We will be in touch with everyone at some stage next week.
IMG_6029_resized.jpg
IMG_6030_resized.jpg

Ron LaDow
356 Fan

#20 Post by Ron LaDow »

I want one, just cause it's so pretty.
Ron LaDow
www.precisionmatters.biz

StephenJohns
356 Fan

#21 Post by StephenJohns »

Ok. So it has been a long time coming however the 356 pitman arm has finally been finished and I have approximately 18 out of the 30 made currently still available at present.
Costing was a little higher than initially estimated. We are spreading the design and machine time/external services cost over 50 of these arms.
The first 30 we can sell at AUD $490.00 each plus postage. The next 20 will be at AUD $640.00 to recover our initial losses.
We had to keep these separate to our normal business to avoid paying GST to keep the costs down so we cannot provide a tax invoice as such for them.
I have attached some pictures. I think that you will agree that the finish, quality and strength of these, far outweighs the cost.
These weigh in at 805 grams in case you needed to know that.

Please email me at steve@onlineracingspares.com.au for a freight quote. Pick up from Moorabbin Victoria is welcome if you are local.
We can post overseas via EMS Express Courier with tracking and insurance if you are overseas.

We will provide banking details with quote for freight if you are interested. Payment at this stage can only be accepted as a direct funds transfer into an Australian bank account.

Feel free to email me if you have any queries.

Just a quick thank you once again to Brian Jones and David Cashel for arranging for us to borrow the original RHD pitman arm to copy angles, dimensions, spline and markings etc. Without this, we would not have a truly 100% replica of the original arm, perfect in every every way.

Kind regards,

Stephen Johns
RHD PITMAN ARM PORSCHE 356 -5.jpg
RHD PITMAN ARM PORSCHE 356 -1.jpg
RHD PITMAN ARM PORSCHE 356 -3.jpg
RHD PITMAN ARM PORSCHE 356 -4.jpg
RHD PITMAN ARM PORSCHE 356 -2.jpg

StephenJohns
356 Fan

#22 Post by StephenJohns »

We still have a few of these left if anyone needs a RHD pitman arm. Almost all gone now. $585.00 AUD (approx $409.00 USD).
Email me for postage quote if required. steve@onlineracingspares.com.au