Mike Robbins

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Eric Wills
356 Fan

Mike Robbins

#1 Post by Eric Wills »

Folks,

I just wanted to give you all an update on Mike Robbins. As some of you know from a previous post by Bruce Baker, Mike has had some very serious health issues over the past few months. He has moved into an assisted care apartment near his home in Indianapolis. Mike is doing as well as can be expected given the circumstances. He is unfortunately unable to live with his wife Judy due to her own health condition. I know that Mike has been a friend to many of us over the years. I would think that now would be a good time to repay Mike’s kindness to us over the years. Please send him an email, or give him a call to say hello. I talk to him regularly, and I can tell you that the stories of racing years ago, aviation, or the vintage Jazz scene in Chicago are priceless.

Mike asked me to post his contact info including his phone number:

Mike Robbins
8505 Woodfield Crossing Blvd.
Apartment 412
Indianapolis, IN 46240
Cell: 317-441-8057
email: mrobbinsroost@comcast.net
Eric Wills

Dick Weiss
356 Fan

Re: Mike Robbins

#2 Post by Dick Weiss »

Mike returned my call from Monday yesterday and we really had a long talk of about 45 minutes and memories-memories of our racing days, drivers, friends and aviation connections over the years and 356in' days.

Judy is sometimes w/Mike and sometimes at the house as daughter from Georgia is really helpfull w/both of them as Mike is settled in @ the assistant living arrangement nearby.

I'll be forwarding messages via computor and/or cell phone like in the past and our website news; he responds to all our members and thanks to those who kept in touch.

Dick

Tom Tate
356 Fan
Tag: Boston MA

#3 Post by Tom Tate »

I had a chance to give Mike a call this afternoon. He sounded well although concerned about the chemo that Judy is currently going though. We chatted for a while as he described his rally days in a friends Volvo 544 (better heat than the Speedster) as I'm just putting the finishing touches on a solid '63 example I found in Texas. As always he had some good stories. I told him we were all thinking positive thoughts on his behalf. He seemed happy with the call was upbeat when I hung up. Give him a call when you can, sounded like he's in PT in the early afternoon. KTF

Charlie White
356 Fan

#4 Post by Charlie White »

My very best wishes to Mike!

Regards,

Charlie White
Charlie White

Ed Scott
356 Fan

#5 Post by Ed Scott »

Hello Fellow 356ers,

I just rejoined the Registry after many years and I was wondering if anyone had any updates on Mike Robbins. I spoke with him briefly at the 2015 Porsche Parade at French Lick and I was wondering how he and Judi are doing. I left him a voice mail and sent an email to the address in the start of this thread but I have not heard anything back.

Thanks much,

Ed Scott

Ibrahim Kuzu
356 Fan

#6 Post by Ibrahim Kuzu »

Hi Ed,
Thank you for checking in for Mike. Appreciated.
Judy his wife RIP Passed away.
Mike is doing his best,He is in good spirit...
Visited him last month...He was very happy .
Attachments
Mike with THE SPEEDSTER.jpg

Jeffrey Leeds
356 Fan

#7 Post by Jeffrey Leeds »

Thanks for posting the picture. It's great to see Mike's smile again.

Jeff

Edited to correct spelling
< Jeff >

Registry Member Since 1978
1963 356B T-6 Super 90 Coupe
2009 997.2 Carrera S
2015 958 Cayenne diesel-1 & 2015 958 Cayenne diesel-2

Ed Scott
356 Fan

#8 Post by Ed Scott »

Thanks much Ibrahim for the update. I appreciate it. So sorry to hear about Judi.
Good to hear that Mike is doing well. I may try to give him another call.
Thanks again.