Cab on ebay

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Bob Forman
356 Fan

Cab on ebay

#1 Post by Bob Forman »

This is a curious car. The photos appear to be taken with a wide-angle lens as the car looks short and boxy. I'm curious as to what the bumps are along the low part of the hood. Also, it appears the front seats were done over with piping of a different color. This at the expense of not doing the rear seats.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-356-SC- ... ars_Trucks
Bob Forman

Jim Alton
356 Fan

Re: Cab on ebay

#2 Post by Jim Alton »

Shooting cars with short lenses is pretty standard, but that's a really short lens.

I played around with one of those photos of the nose in Photoshop. The bumps look a little like rust bubbles but it's hard to tell.

One slightly interesting thing: if you go to Beverly Hills Car Club on Google Maps you can actually go inside. It's one of only two such sites I know of on Google maps.

Jim Alton
Los Angeles County, CA
1958 Porsche 356A Cabriolet
1965 Porsche 911 Coupé
1966 Volkswagen Type 2
2003 Porsche 986 Boxster

Ned Gorski
356 Fan

#3 Post by Ned Gorski »

.Bob dont know about the car but I bet he has the same problem as I do when I post a hi res pictures That needs to be shrunk prior to posting.. I never no what ratio to choose.. half the time my pics come out too long too short or too tall

Paul Kust
356 Fan

#4 Post by Paul Kust »

Bob, those bumps are RUST under the paint, rotten worn out carpets, tired paint, how do people treat a car like this I will never understand.
Paul Kust
'57 T-1 101611

Bob Forman
356 Fan

#5 Post by Bob Forman »

It's already up over $62K. If it has rust there, imagine what else is lurking under that iffy paint. Some brave soul will end up with this and I hope he/she has the wherewithal to put it back to its original glory.
Bob Forman

Bob Forman
356 Fan

#6 Post by Bob Forman »

WOW! This little beauty, flaws and all went for $121,000. Something urges me to think we're all a little richer today.
Bob Forman