German Wiring Harness from Wocheslander

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Glen Getchell
356 Fan

German Wiring Harness from Wocheslander

#1 Post by Glen Getchell »

I’m trying to order a Roadster wiring harness from the place in Germany called KABELKONFEKTION WOCHESLANDER. I have heard several people say they have had good luck with their harnesses and prefer them over the YNZ. And considering the substantial price difference when compared to YNZ its pretty much a no brainer. But for payment he wants a wire transfer directly into his bank account. I am unfamiliar with the process, and I have never been asked for this on anything I have ever purchased (over seas or domestic). I am very uncomfortable with it. Has anybody out there purchased a harness from this company (I know there has been as I have read seen posts)? And if so, what was your method of payment? I assumed they would take a Credit Card or PayPal. But direct wire transfer for $1,000.00+ to an overseas account based on a on line ad. I'm very uncomfortable with this to say the least. Thanks!

Glen
64cx2

Tim Herman
356 Fan

Re: German Wiring Harness from Wocheslander

#2 Post by Tim Herman »

We bought 3 harness sets recently from them. Service was slower than previous experiences but we did get the products,...good value albeit a little concerning for a while.

...having said this, I prefer YnZ

Can't/will not advise you on your financial transaction Glen...
Last edited by Tim Herman on Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tim Herman #2197
www.carreramotorsport.com

Jerry Henning
356 Fan

#3 Post by Jerry Henning »

Hello Glen,
As we had discussed at the FOG monthly breakfast, I have ordered from Wocheslander twice, once for the customized harness for my BT6 cab, and another time for partial harnesses for a friend's C cab. Both times were excellent service at a great price. I know it may be a bit unnerving about the wire transfers, but it is really no problem. Many smaller European companies prefer this method of payment instead of riskier foreign credit card transactions. I just went to my bank with all the necessary information and numbers and amount to transfer given by Wocheslander, and my bank made the necessary wire transfer. There may be a bank charge for the transfer, but many banks may waive it if you are a valued customer.
Wocheslander offers a fantastic product, and for a few bucks more, they custom built my harness with additional wires rear to front for tachometer, oil pressure, third brake light, left and right independent turn signal wires (so my Euro amber/red tail lights will work as they were intended to do!), and some future spares (rear wiper option? Haha). (I can just imagine the next owner of my cab scratching his head and writing to the Registry Forum as to why his cab has all these strange extra wires in his "stock" cab - does he have a unique one-off special factory car?!)
Thanks for the Pizza, and hope your car is well on its way to a fresh new paint job!
Jerry

David Nicholls
356 Fan
Tag: 56 Coupe #56209

#4 Post by David Nicholls »

Hello Glen

I also highly recommend Wocheslander, and their wiring harness.
I purchased one for my 1956 A Coupe.
The quality/authenticity was excellent.
The price was excellent.
I followed their instructions, and found it easy (not hard) to install.

Forget how I paid, but just do as they ask.
You'll be very pleased, in the end.

Regards,
David Nicholls

Stephen Masefield
356 Fan

#5 Post by Stephen Masefield »

I just ordered a harness from them, very knowledgeable - it's coming complete with tracking system included by DHL. I do have a UK bank account which I used rather then send $ from US - bank routing numbers and account information is commonly shared in Europe to transfer funds electronically. I find it amazing that I when I pay my bills "on line" here in the US, my US bank actually 'cut a check' and mail it - I asked them to set up electronic fund transfers for my utilities and got a very strange look...
Steve
'57 Coupe
'61 Sunroof Coupe
'79 911SC Targa (Stupidly sold)
'23 Subaru BRZ (poor mans Porsche)
Ford Diesel to haul 'stuff'

Peter Boettcher
356 Fan

#6 Post by Peter Boettcher »

I also purchased one for my 55 Speedster from Wocheslander.
There were some errors in the harness that we were left to resolve ourselves.
This may be limited to the Pre A harnesses.
Gene with YNZ actually helped us through our issues.
My A Coupe will be started soon and I will ONLY consider an YNZ harness.
What value can you place on a company that you can easily call on the phone and reach someone that speaks good english to resolve issues.
Also an advertiser in various 356 publications.
Not to rain on Wocheslander, just my opinion on YNZ, a great company.
Peter Boettcher
Cincinnati, Ohio
Peter Boettcher

Ned Gorski
356 Fan

#7 Post by Ned Gorski »

I just ordered a harness for my 56 it took them about 3 weeks from the day I wired the money. To the day it arrived... no problem with the wire transfer.. if you think about it he has more to loose than you .He will supply you with all his personal and bank info...you just take it to the bank and then the two banks transfer the money. HE never sees your private info.. if I remember correctly. I actually wired the money to his personal account. Be sure to ask your bank what the exchange rate is some banks will add to the exchange rate. Up to 6 percent... I have not installed the harness yet but it looks very nice and quality made.

Regards Ned

Ron Delmendo
356 Fan

#8 Post by Ron Delmendo »

It has been a few years, but I was very satisfied with the harness from them for my Roadster.
Cheers,

Ron

'61 Roadster Outlaw
'69 911E ROW Coupe
'68 911 SWT project
‘18 Macan

Steve Harrison
356 Fan

#9 Post by Steve Harrison »

I found their site,...but no pricing.
Am I missing something?

What is the general average price for a harness from them?

Thanks

Gordon Maltby
Registry Hall of Fame

#10 Post by Gordon Maltby »

Glen,

You say this is a no-brainer since you can save money on a car that's worth... how much? YNZ's has a stellar reputation, makes top quality harnesses and is in the USA, easy to deal with, you can call them on the phone for help. THAT seems like the no-brainer to me. Just my opinion.

Gordon Maltby

James Watters
356 Fan

#11 Post by James Watters »

I had great luck with YNZ.
59A Coupe
64C Sunroof

Dennis ODonnell
356 Fan

#12 Post by Dennis ODonnell »

Greg; Paypal, MC and VISA have all been hacked and their exchange rates are non-negotiable. No one hacks wire transfers and you can quote the morning's FX rate to your banker at the time you wire the $$ to save a few bucks.

James Davies
356Talk Moderator

#13 Post by James Davies »

Wire transfers are cheap, and it is how it's done over in Europe. It's only in the US that electronically transferring funds costs a fortune. No need to worry about it.

Ned Gorski
356 Fan

#14 Post by Ned Gorski »

Steve my 56 harness cost me just about $1000 The price will vary a little with the exchange rate I want to say ynz was quite a bit more. I compared my original harness with the new harness .the wire lengths and colors as well as the wrapping looks correct and very well.made

Jim Liberty
356 Registry Member
Tag: Jim

#15 Post by Jim Liberty »

I generally replace the wiring harnesses in my restorations. What I like about using our US providers, YNZ, Etc., is that when I need one more "Widget" , I can get in a couple of days, and usually for free. My time is what I value most. That said, I'm further to the end of it than most of you.

..................... Jim.
Jim Liberty