Hot/Hard Start

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Matt Anderson
356 Fan

Hot/Hard Start

#1 Post by Matt Anderson »

So after a few weekends of work I was able to get the Porsche back up and running. It goes really well and is a hoot to drive. But..........

After it's been running for a little bit, it doesn't want to start back up. It seems that when I go to start it, the starter had a hard time cranking the engine continuously. It's almost like it's studdering. I can hear the solenoid clickity-clackin' away, but the starter has a VERY hard time cranking. I have an Optima that is relatively new. I don't expect this to be part of the problem.

It was in a previous post of mine, that the car had been parked for 25+ years. It has just been put back on the road in the last 2 months. I'm not sure what I may be overlooking, but I thought you guys may be able to shed some light on the subject.

Thanks
63 356B Cab
02 Ducati Monster "Dark"
02 Audi Allroad

David Jones
Classifieds Moderator
Tag: I wish I knew as much as I think I know.

#2 Post by David Jones »

Sounds like the starter bushing is worn out. There is I believe an article on the registry web site tech pages about how to replace it.
If I had known I would live this long I would have pushed the envelope a little harder.
Cymru am byth
David Jones #9715

Matt Anderson
356 Fan

#3 Post by Matt Anderson »

That's what I thought it may be as well. It would make sense after 30 yrs. I just needed a second opinon.

Thanks
63 356B Cab
02 Ducati Monster "Dark"
02 Audi Allroad