Powder coating wheels

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Barry Wolk
356 Fan

Powder coating wheels

#1 Post by Barry Wolk »

Where can I get powder to match the Turkish Red paint?

Barry Wolk
356 Fan

#2 Post by Barry Wolk »

There's something odd about this site that I've never encountered before.

When I post questions I get great responses, but they're either all by e-mail or PM. Three so far.

As a moderator on the Lincoln board (Yes, I like the big Continentals, too.) we encourage people to respond on the forum, rather that other routes, so that the knowledge imparted becomes part of the data base.

I've posted two goofy things here and was corrected nicely in PM, but those corrections were lost to future readers. I posted that leaking axle seals might be from an overfill situation, and then learned that the axles are flooded with lubricant. My other faux-pas was to state that I had a letter from Ford to Porsche requesting that they cease using the "Continental" name. In fact, I have a copy of a letter from Ford to Bentley on the subject of their use of the "Continental" name.

As a novice to the mechanicals of Porsche vehicles I am bound to make mistakes and wrong assumptions as there are just a few differences between these beauties and the 460 cubic inch monsters I'm used to working on. I'd hate to see someone else make the mistakes that I do if mild embarrassment can be avoided by using the search function.

As much as I detest smilies, you guys really need the "embarrassed" emoticon.

Mike Baskette
356 Fan

Polite

#3 Post by Mike Baskette »

Barry, see how polite these folks are? I am new here and they have treated me better than my broker, that thevin' creep.
It appears they just want to spare you.
Want to get punished?, go to the Boss 302 website. Those guys would pick on Mother Teresa.
Yesterday I had a question and I recieved more info than I could have hoped for. These people are amazing.

Barry Brisco
356 Fan
Tag: Porsche enthusiast

#4 Post by Barry Brisco »

Barry Wolk wrote:There's something odd about this site that I've never encountered before.
When I post questions I get great responses, but they're either all by e-mail or PM. Three so far.
Barry, I would say that what you are interpreting as "odd" is indeed odd for an internet discussion board: "politeness". I suspect that many of the 356Talk members who are emailing or pm'ing you directly are simply discretely correcting your errors in a low key way. It is then up to you is you wish to go back and correct your posts on 356Talk: remember that all you have to do is log in to the website, go to your post, and click the "edit" button.

Politeness on the internet is indeed unusual, I'm sorry to say. I like to think that 356Talk members are in general a considerate and courteous group. I've had more than a few members email me directly to say that they were astonished at the remarkably civil level of discourse.

Best regards,
Barry Brisco
1959 356A Coupe 105553, Ivory / Brown
2009 987 Cayman, Carrera White / Beige (daily driver)