Cu Layer LED Taillight stauts update

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
James Franzen
356 Fan

Cu Layer LED Taillight stauts update

#1 Post by James Franzen »

I apologize in advance if this is seen as a commercial posting and if as such it violates any forum etiquette.

I simply wanted to get an update out quickly to those people who have ordered LED taillights from me.

I invite the moderator to delete this posting if I am over-stepping allowed content.

Here is a link that will give you some late-breaking details regarding delivery of the taillights:

http://www.culayer.com/356_Status.htm

Thank you.

Jim Franzen
James Franzen
Cu Layer Inc.

#2 Post by Guest »

Thanks for the update Jim. Ironically, I had just thought about the taillights since I am one of the eager customers. I figured that they were in production so I decided not to bother you in what is clearly a (much appreciated) labor of love. I am sure that my fellow owners appreciate the effort you have put into this project. Likewise we appreciate the update.

So, like most of us, I eagerly (but patiently) await delivery.

Bill

Ashley Page
356 Fan

#3 Post by Ashley Page »

What's status of the 12V models?

Thanks

James Franzen
356 Fan

#4 Post by James Franzen »

Regarding the 12-volt models:

I do have the 12-volt design all but done. Probably the largest impediment has been a personal one for me, and that is owing product to so many people who have prepaid for the 6-volt taillights.

Had I started taking prepaid orders for 12-volt lights I would have compounded the angst of supplying 12-volt taillights to my anxiety regarding the pending 6-volt shipments. I am really uncomfortable owing so many people so much for so long.

Clearly the 6-volt taillights should be shipping soon, and that will unburden me mentally to think about a serious assault on getting 12-volt taillights fabricated. I will probably build fifty or a hundred sets myself in whatever spare time I can find, so as to build the financial base to make a deposit on a production run.

Any assembly I do of 12-volt taillights will occur between client design work which can be a little unpredictable at times. Another factor that will affect 12-volt taillight delivery is sourcing the LEDs. This was the primary hold-up on the 6-volt taillights.

Some good news is that it seems someone like me can order quantities of hundreds to a few thousand LEDs from distributor shelf stock if they have stock. It seems as if the assembly houses have to wait for factory production runs to occur to meet their larger quantity orders.

Jim Franzen
James Franzen
Cu Layer Inc.

Kevin Wiggins
356 Fan
Tag: Fight the Power!

#5 Post by Kevin Wiggins »

Got mine today! Thank you! Installed in minutes and work better than expected. Highly recommended!
Fight the Power!