APPRAISER RECCOMENDATION

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Morris J. Litwack
356 Fan

APPRAISER RECCOMENDATION

#1 Post by Morris J. Litwack »

I am 74 years old and would like to pass on the 356 Roadster that I have owned since 1973 to another aficionado. Can anyone please recommend an appraiser in the Woodland Hills/Los Angeles area? Thanks. Morris

C J Murray
356 Fan

Re: APPRAISER RECCOMENDATION

#2 Post by C J Murray »

John Willhoit is an honest and knowledgable guy. Maybe Roy Lock can advise you as he is a long time Roadster owner in your area. Go slowly. Allow the real value to expose itself before you let the car go prematurely. Best of luck.
'57 Speedster
'59 Sunroof
'60 Devin D Porsche Race Car
'63 Cabriolet "Norm"
'67 911 S Original Owner
'03 Ferrari 575M
'09 Smart Passion

Jay Patrick
356 Fan

#3 Post by Jay Patrick »

You also can call Ed at KLASSE in Torrance,310-370-3014
Best ,Jay
Jay
58' Speedster
64' Sunroof
67' 912 Sunroof
08' KTM
18' f-350

Tom Coughlin
356 Fan
Tag: Go Gators

#4 Post by Tom Coughlin »

Morris: I'm also 74 and would love it if you send me an email to keep me informed. I'm not an appraiser but I will do an evaluation for you at no charge if you'll drive to my house. Yes, it is out of your way and yes we do have some snow, but just let me know and I'll be here. I'm recovering from surgery, but I will be back on the road by the time 356's are ready to drive in Boston.
Are you going to keep you car in your family or sell it? I have a Bali Blue Cab. that I've owned almost as many years as you have owned your Roadster. I don't think my daughters will love mine as much as I do, so I'll just keep driving it until I can no longer drive. My doctor naturally won't predict, but thanks to this surgery I am cured. My best guess is that I have ten more driving years. My big worry right now is that I'm screwed if George Nelson retires. And yes George I know you've promised you won't retire any time soon, but please, promise me again. Not only will I believe you, but I have a bridge in Brooklyn for you.
KTF, TLC
 KTF, member #15

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

#5 Post by Adam Wright »

Don't worry Tom, I overheard George when he was at my place. You see he had been cornered in the garden of dead cabs and he finally put his arms in the air and admitted that he is in fact immortal, he has had the white mustache since the Napoleonic Wars, so don't worry about him retiring.
Attachments
retire.jpg
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

mark bibler
356 Fan

#6 Post by mark bibler »

Hi Morris. I would be interested in purchasing your Roadster if you decide to sell. I've been looking for one for a couple years now....Mark 760 3904126. Thanks

Tom Coughlin
356 Fan

#7 Post by Tom Coughlin »

Adam: I believe George, and frankly I believe you too, but "immortal", give me a break! I hear that a lot, and I hear "Next Year" a lot. Next Year is a sport fan term used at the end of the season when their most favorite team loses the last game.

There is only one gal that I'll believe when I hear "Immortal" and that is God. If she will post it right here that George is "Immortal", that's all I need and I will shout out to the 356 world "Thank God!"
KTF, TLC
 KTF, member #15

Jay Wiener
356 Fan

#8 Post by Jay Wiener »

We live in Calabasas, so I can come by and check it out for you

Jim Neil
356 Fan

#9 Post by Jim Neil »

Morris J. Litwack wrote:I am 74 years old and would like to pass on the 356 Roadster that I have owned since 1973 to another aficionado. Can anyone please recommend an appraiser in the Woodland Hills/Los Angeles area? Thanks. Morris
You might talk to Bob Campbell in Valencia, but I've only talked to him once and others need to chime in, no experience to vouch for him.

I can tell you that prices have been going through the roof the past couple years, so get some good advice and take your time, I think you have a quite valuable asset there. You can look at Hagerty Insurance online, they have some price guidelines, but again I can't vouch for them.

I have six kids, so not much money, wish I could buy it!
1960 356 B Coupe
2009 911 Turbo Coupe
2016 Panamera
Gone but not forgotten: 2005 Carrera S, 2004 Targa, 2001 Boxster S, 1997 Targa, 1993 RS America, 2004 Cayenne S, 2005 Cayenne S, 2009 Cayenne S

Morris J. Litwack
356 Fan

#10 Post by Morris J. Litwack »

Thank you all for taking the time to share your knowledge.
Morris

Tom Coughlin
356 Fan

#11 Post by Tom Coughlin »

Morris: I have talked with Bob Campbell (Valencia) and based on his long time experience and positive reputation he would be one to have on your short list.
Please follow up with a progress report when you have taken some action. Best of luck. TLC
 KTF, member #15

Frank Barrett
356 Fan

#12 Post by Frank Barrett »

Do you want an appraiser or a dealer? There's a big difference.

If you want a real appraiser (who does not buy and sell cars), I recommend Deane Fuhrman at Antique Auto Appraisals in Golden, Colorado; 303/237-3031. He's a certified appraiser, recognized nationally by courts and insurance companies. Although he may be a long way from you, he can travel--or recommend a local guy. Give him a call, and tell him I sent you (I have no dog in this show).

Frank

Morris J. Litwack
356 Fan

#13 Post by Morris J. Litwack »

Thank you all very much who have responded. You have been very generous with your time and knowledge.
Morris Litwack