356s on vintage TV

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Steve Erhardt
356 Fan

356s on vintage TV

#1 Post by Steve Erhardt »

I have been watching a new (new to me) cable network called "RTN" or retro television network. They air a variety of programs from the late 60's and early 70's such as "Rockford Files", "Kojak", "Mission Impossible", "Hawii Five-O", and many others. They recently previewed an upcoming episode of "Mission Impossible" in which a blue 356 single grill coupe goes over a cliff, heart breaking because it ain't no kit car! I couldn't tell if it was an A or B in the short clip. I was watching an episode of "Rockford Files" and during the usual car chase I began searching the background for 356s. I was able to spot an A hardtop cab a white B or C coupe, a 914 and an early 911. It has evolved into a game with the wife and I to see who can spot the 356 or other vintage porsche first.

Mission Imposible

#2 Post by Guest »

Hey, I didn't think anyone else saw that! I first saw it when I was a Kid, and a young 356 enthusiast.
The car was rigged remotley (radio Control) For one of the IM teams Assignments, had to make like the driver was Killed Etc. Very cool! I really had never seen anything like that at the time. My Favorite eposide
Except for the loss of the Car!

Ron

Vintage Coach Werkes