Need picture of flex htr pipe clips

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Phil Planck
356 Fan

Need picture of flex htr pipe clips

#1 Post by Phil Planck »

I am "restoring" my j tube heater cans and the retaining clips for the flex hose to the body are all broken off. Anyone have a picture of this clip on the can, and/or the overall length, height of the dimple, etc. I know the width from the small tabs remaining on my cans.

Thanks - Phil Planck
Phil Planck

Sebastian Gaeta
356 Fan

#2 Post by Sebastian Gaeta »

Hi Phil,

I may have something that will work for you.

Call me at home tomorrow.

Sebastian
734-662-4288
Sebastian Gaeta
www.arbormotion.com

Registry #8339

'65 C coupe
'64 C cab

-------
2014 Boxster 981
2005 997 C2 Cab
1967 Karmann Ghia Convertible
1966 VW Single Cab
1966 Ducati Cafe Racer
1964 Karmann Ghia Coupe
1963 Beetle

Phil Planck
356 Fan

#3 Post by Phil Planck »

Obvioulsly this is not a topic of great interest to most on the forum, but it may be useful to someone's future search if they need to repair/replace missing flex heater hose clips. These clips are on the j tube heater cans and some heater valves(A has them, T6 does not). I received a picture from a member showing the clip/retainer that I was looking for, so I was able to make 4 to replace my missing ones. The clip is 12 mm wide and you need a blank piece 60 mm long. I used 2 different diameter steel punches to form the bends. Mine were originally spot welded in 2 places, but I welded them around the contact surface to help keep moisture from getting under them. After my request, I found a mangled, broken off clip laying on the shop floor under my vice. I first reshaped that one referencing the picture sent. Then I used that as a pattern to make 4 new ones. I tested for hose clearance by putting a piece of old hose on.

This is the 4 new clips, along with the repaired original, along with picture sent to me.

Testing clips for hose clearance

Finished j tube clip repair
Phil Planck