Chrome engraving

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Scott Schneider
356 Fan

Chrome engraving

#1 Post by Scott Schneider »

Dear list members,

I need to re-chrome some original parts with stampings on them. I am told that the stampings must be re-engraved prior to chroming. Does anybody know of anyone who does this type of engraving? I am told that there is someone in Southern California who specializes in this service, and even has some patterns. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time.

Pete McNulty
356 Fan

Chrome engraving

#2 Post by Pete McNulty »

Listers,

Christensen's Plating in Los Angeles does it!

Pete

In a message dated 5/26/2008 10:22:02 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, ssschneider@frontiernet.net writes:
Dear list members,

I need to re-chrome some original parts with stampings on them. I am told that the stampings must be re-engraved prior to chroming. Does anybody know of anyone who does this type of engraving? I am told that there is someone in Southern California who specializes in this service, and even has some patterns. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time.

Get trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch "Cooking with Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.

Post generated using Mail2Forum via email.

Brett Johnson
Registry Hall of Fame

#3 Post by Brett Johnson »

I used a local gun engraver to redo the Hella logo on my license light after the trained bear at the plater partially buffed it out.
Brett Johnson

Stuart Zeh
356 Fan

Re: Chrome engraving

#4 Post by Stuart Zeh »

I am fairly certain that Victor Miles paid to have those templates made - and that Christensen won't do them for anyone without Victors permission... Just send your parts to Victor and make your life a bit easier...
Pete McNulty wrote:Listers,

Christensen's Plating in Los Angeles does it!

Pete

In a message dated 5/26/2008 10:22:02 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, ssschneider@frontiernet.net writes:
Dear list members,

Get trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch "Cooking with Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.

Post generated using Mail2Forum via email.