The fuel cock and progress

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Jaime Jensen
356 Fan
Tag: Cruising in my late daddy's Speedster.
Instagram: @jaimejensensf

The fuel cock and progress

#1 Post by Jaime Jensen »

Charles,

I absolutely agree with you. One of my biggest problems is procrastination. There have been many times in my life where I have pushed the envelope and wished for a second chance. The fuel cock/switch has given me that second chance many times.

I still enjoy pushing the envelope, it keeps me in one of the best "feel good" times in my life, the "Child" within me.

Besides, the fuel cock is original, I wish all my cars had one . . .

Thank for your insite,

Stan

On 5/17/08, charles kourmpates <miamiair@aol.com (miamiair@aol.com)> wrote:
Stan Jensen wrote:
I noticed that Tom retained that ugly fuel cock! Looks like we're going backwards here . . .
Sorry, couldn't help it.Stan
Stan,

I don't know about "backwards" but possibly stagnating? :D

You also have to realize that commercial projects are more fruitful when changes aren't made. Certainly less changes to any car "benefits" the "Commercial" seller tremendously. Or the "statis quo" market place.

It's always been and is a "statis quo" thing. You're forced to become what everyone else wants you to be.

Try to brake away, improve, change or talk differently and you become a victim. That's my luxury and appears to be no one elses. [Mr. Green]

Unless of course you build an Outlaw. Seems the statis quo excepts that? :P

25 years from now things will be tremendously different. More things than just the look of the Magazine, website and this Forum.

Change is always good, especially change in ways of thinking. Look around, it's happening you just don't know it. Good things do take a while. [Wink]

Charles

------------------------
Charles Kourmpates
Convt. D. Last of the six
www.356metalwork.com
www.cfcgraphics.com
Rhode Island & Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Registry #12143

Post generated using Mail2Forum via email.
Jaime Jensen
'58 Speedster

charles kourmpates

Re: The fuel cock and progress

#2 Post by charles kourmpates »

Stan Jensen wrote:Charles,

I absolutely agree with you. One of my biggest problems is procrastination. There have been many times in my life where I have pushed the envelope and wished for a second chance. I still enjoy pushing the envelope, it keeps me in one of the best "feel good" times in my life, the "Child" within me. Besides, the fuel cock is original, I wish all my cars had one . . .
Thank for your insite,
Stan
Stan,

You California guys certainly have a way with words. Thanks for the kindness. :D

About those other cars you have without fuel cocks, I have two I don't need. One is the original fuel cock from the Convertible "D", works perfectly, and the other is NIB. I'll be getting rid of them both shortly. Watch for my Classified ad.

BTW. I ran my Morgan for 30 years without a working fuel guage and never ran out of gas. The Morgan also has no fuel cock.

What other cars have fuel cocks?

Charles

Kevin Wiggins
356 Fan
Tag: Fight the Power!

#3 Post by Kevin Wiggins »

Volkswagens.
Fight the Power!