2012 Event---Cancelled

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Rink Reinking
356 Fan

#1 Post by Rink Reinking »

This is very sad news! I have been planning to attend since it was first announced. Please reconsider. Even if only 25% of the remaining cars attend, it would still be worth the trip.

Rink

Freddy Rabbat
356 Fan
Tag: Real Carreras have 4 cams

#2 Post by Freddy Rabbat »

Hi Steve,

This is really bad and sad news!!! I was counting the days to be there...
I hope there is still some space for reconsidering your decision.

Give it a chance...

All the best,

Freddy
www.356carrera.net

Gerry McCarthy
356 Fan

2012 Event---Cancelled

#3 Post by Gerry McCarthy »

Steve:
I am saddened to here of your decision, but, my experience in contacting the 718 owners I know, supports your decision. Many of these cars are in the hands of owners who are not hyper-active in the Porsche world, but simply enjoy their Spyder. The idea of spending several thousand dollars for the opportunity to show a car that they try to keep in low-profile, and bond with a group that they never met, was parallel with an appointment for a root-canal.
Please add my name to your book order list.
Kindest personal regards,
Gerry McCarthy

----- Original Message ----
To: 356talk@356registry.com
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2008 7:26:48 PM
Subject: [356Talk] 2012 Event---Cancelled

Folks,

I have decided to not move forward with the 2012 4-cam event for several reasons. Mostly, the task of getting the quantity and quality of 4-cam cars there, I have concluded, is too difficult. My hope was that we could bring out many, never or rarely seen before, cars. The work I have done, so far, regarding the Fuhrmann 4-cam book, has led me to believe that what I had hoped, without devoting virtually full-time, is not possible. Moreover, the book effort has been daunting. We have made much progress on that but much remains to be done.

So....I have reluctantly decided to stop the event efforts.

Maybe another time.

Thanks to many for support and encouragement. I look forward to seeing many of you at the WCH.

Steve Heinrichs

------------------------
Steve Heinrichs

Post generated using Mail2Forum via email.
Gerry Mc