Insurance

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Jim Beam
356 Fan

Insurance

#1 Post by Jim Beam »

Listers,
I thought I had 'agreed-upon value' coverage with Farmers for my 1963B Coupe based upon a formal appraisal. In checking with my local agent's office today on other matters (and dealing with a frontline clerk as the agent was too busy to sit down with me) I was advised that there was no 'agreed upon value' coverage in place and that the formal appraisal, which last year was 'accepted' by Farmers, was merely an indication of value in the event of a total loss. In that event (theft or otherwise) I don't want to get into a pissing match with Farmers over market value. That is the whole point of 'agreed upon value' coverage and payment of the associated premium I have been paying Farmers. This does not pass the smell test to me and I clearly see some problems arising in the event that I (God forbid) have to make a claim, either total loss or otherwise. Hence, I am looking to replace the Farmers coverage. Problem is, the last time I looked into this, Hagerty, Leland, etc., all required a daily 'regular use vehicle' and that the vehicle needed to be not older than a certain year of manufacture. My regular use vehicle is a 1985 FJ60 Land Cruiser and I was informed back then that didn't do it - too old. My question is, are there any insurance carriers out there which would fit my particular situation? I want to accomplish 'agreed upon value' coverage for the 1963 356 B with the 1985 Land Cruiser being used as my regular use vehicle. Comments/directions appreciated.
Jim Beam
'63B Coupe
'87 911 Coupe

Pat Daily
356 Fan

#2 Post by Pat Daily »

Have you tried American Collectors?
Pat Daily
Midlothian, VA
356B coupe (121123 aka "Fast Frieda") 

ed ricci
356 Fan

#3 Post by ed ricci »

Jim where are you located?

Insurance for agreed upon valuation

#4 Post by Guest »

I'd agree on trying American Collectors as well. I've used them for over 20 years. No claims admittedly, but last year I called them to raise the car's value (62 S90 coupe) to $30,000 from the $18,000 they'd had it at. My payment increased slightly, but no other questions were asked except for a recent photo of the car. Jim Slawson, SF Bay area

Gert Gehlhaar
356 Fan

#5 Post by Gert Gehlhaar »

I would suggest Grundy World Wide and the are on the internet. Just search for Grundy World Wide and then contact them. I have about 10 cars insured with them for established value - they are easy to deal with.

Chuck House
Registry Hall of Fame

#6 Post by Chuck House »

Hagerty and Leland West are both Registry supporters and advertisers and they both offer "agreed value" policies.
Chuck House
Southern California

Richard Westlake
356 Fan

Insurance

#7 Post by Richard Westlake »

I've used http://www.condonskelly.com/ for years, and have been most
satisfied. Agreed upon value, but not for the daily driver.

Rich Westlake
'63 T6 S-90 Coupe #124872
Member #3488
Rhode Island

Quoting Pat Daily <iluvyash@aol.com>:
Have you tried American Collectors?

------------------------
Pat Daily
Midlothian, Va
356B coupe (Fast Frieda-121123)

Post generated using Mail2Forum via email.
Rich Westlake
'63 T6 S-90 Coupe #124872
Member #3488
Rhode Island