P-54 clone [aftP54a]

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Albert Tiedemann
356 Fan

P-54 clone [aftP54a]

#1 Post by Albert Tiedemann »

Last call for subject tool.

This is the factory solution for removing the needle bearings from the front torsion bars.
Earlier[see similar posts {search P-54}] I commited to make these if I could get 10 prepaid orders for $325/copy by May 15, 2008. To date, only 4 birds in hand.

If I make it, it will include some improvements needed arising from my use/ownership of the original version tool for nearly 46 years.

Regardless, perhaps a knock-off by ECH 2008.

Replies off line.

Here is a link to the picture of the factory tool. Hope it works!

http://TheHermit.fileave.com/P54scanfro ... atalog.pdf
Last edited by Albert Tiedemann on Tue May 20, 2008 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Albert Tiedemann, C356C
"The Hermit"

Albert Tiedemann
356 Fan

#2 Post by Albert Tiedemann »

The candle is flickering mighty low. It will be out in less than 29 earth hours.

LMK if you are going to get on the list [$325] for a prepaid order.

Don't disappoint your fellow 356ers in the UK and Poland.

Orders off line please.
Albert Tiedemann, C356C
"The Hermit"

Albert Tiedemann
356 Fan

#3 Post by Albert Tiedemann »

Better late then never. If you do not know what the Factory tool P 54 looks like, see the link in a previous post. Thanks to Brian, I was able to successfully insert the picture into edited text.

Creating the FREE account and subsequent "clicking on the link" by viewers is a lot easier than going through the gyrations of changing the file extension as was suggested in a post elsewhere. AND, requires no investment in software specialty programs and magical pounding[I am a technician, not a musician] of keys. If you are trainable, you can do it too!!
Albert Tiedemann, C356C
"The Hermit"