Convertible D Accident Accident, tires, insurance?????????

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Jaime Jensen
356 Fan
Tag: Cruising in my late daddy's Speedster.
Instagram: @jaimejensensf

Convertible D Accident Accident, tires, insurance?????????

#1 Post by Jaime Jensen »

Sorry, Bill. This wasn't aimed at just you, it was meant to go to The List, :-0
________________________________________________________________________________

One of the few things I don't like about the Forum or the old talk is that people don't change the subject line . . .

This would be up to the writer, pay attention! Please :-)

Thanks,
Stan

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 8:44 AM, Bill Weismann <dchheartacura@gmail.com (dchheartacura@gmail.com)> wrote:
Well,

Whenever I have bought a 356 (Or Any old car) I generally plan on replacing the tires. Last 356 I owned I did manage to nearly wear them out in a year! :)

Personally I have always used 185-65-15s as a rule, It's been my personal experience that you can get dramatically better tires in that size than most anything available in the 165R15 size (XASs are the only H rated ones I know of, had em, they were about what you would expect from 40 yr old technology and grotesquely expensive).

I'd personally use Bridgestone Potenza RE960 ASs.. probably the most agressive tire in that size, and all season as well so you won't get stuck in the snow ;) ;)

But this is coming from someone who's looking for a BT5 to use on my 130/mile/day commute 3 times a week.

Post generated using Mail2Forum via email.
Jaime Jensen
'58 Speedster