registration of '56 yellow plate speedster

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Jerry Carpenter
356 Fan

#1 Post by Jerry Carpenter »

Guys does anyone know if i can retain my important yellow plated speedtser in the state of Missouri???thanks Jerry its a 58 with updated current stickers..

Mark Pribanic
356 Fan
Tag: Drive 'Em!

#2 Post by Mark Pribanic »

Jerry,

Do you mean the License plate?

I don't see how you can use a Cali license plate on your car in Missouri. Unless, you have a residence in Cali you can register it to.
Mark Pribanic
Registry# 13617
Florida Owners Group Trustee - 2008-2010
Neptune Beach, Florida USA
Instagram: Mark.Pribanic

Jerry Carpenter
356 Fan

yellow plate

#3 Post by Jerry Carpenter »

Yes the plate, so that plate is officially retired and i will get my mo. historical tag.. thanks Jerry

Alan Robinson
356 Fan

#4 Post by Alan Robinson »

Jerry, you can also get a year of manufacture plate (called an antique historic plate in MO) I've had historic plates for years but now that the yom plate is an option I've thought about changing over. http://dor.mo.gov/mvdl/motorv/historic.htm

Jim Alton
356 Fan

#5 Post by Jim Alton »

A few years back, I thought I could escape California and landed in New Hampshire (the avatar photo at left was taken in my New Hampshire driveway).

California somehow tracked me down and sent registration renewal forms to my New Hampshire address. I didn't have a 356A at the time and I declined the opportunity to keep California plates.

It is--of course--illegal in California to fail to register your car in California when you become a California resident.

I would expect the State of California would be happy to let you too keep your car registered in California so that you can legally drive around with yellow plates (for a large annual fee). I don't know Missouri law.
Last edited by Jim Alton on Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jim Alton
Los Angeles County, CA
1958 Porsche 356A Cabriolet
1965 Porsche 911 Coupé
1966 Volkswagen Type 2
2003 Porsche 986 Boxster

paul rockwell
356 Fan

#6 Post by paul rockwell »

you can keep rights to the plates with california by paying a small amount (i don't remember what it is but probably $20 or so). This way no tag will be issued with that number and if you should return you can reissue the plates. are they original to the car? if so, that's what i'd do. that way if you return or sell the car, the plates can be re-installed (legally) in california.

paul

Mark Todorovich
356 Fan
Tag: Drive em

#7 Post by Mark Todorovich »

Jerry I have two of my cars registered with year of manufacturer antique plates here in Missouri. I also ran around for a long time on the PO's Maryland Antique plates on my cab?. I have my doubts about whether they will let you register Ca plates here. But unless you are a bad actor in your car it can probably get away with CA plates for a long time. ,Another collector runs a car with a fake 63 Carrera Mo plate and hasn't had an issue yet.
Make your decision and take your chances. welcome to the show me state.;
Mark

Jerry Carpenter saysSent: Sun 8/23/2009 8:13 PM

Guys does anyone know if i can retain my important yellow plated speedtser in the state of Missouri???thanks Jerry its a 58 with updated current stickers..

Post generated using Mail2Forum via email.
Mark Todorovich 4243
52 Coupe
56 Speedster project now underway
63 Cab?