What are those parts?

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Rafik Dous
Classifieds Moderator

What are those parts?

#1 Post by Rafik Dous »

Came in a box with my T5B. Couple of brackets and what looks like a plunger with cable connected to it.
Rafik

Rafik Dous
Classifieds Moderator

#2 Post by Rafik Dous »

A helpful 356er already highlighted that the brackets are for the trunk lock. I should've picked it up
What about the plunger thing? Could it be anything to do with a gas heater?

Bruce Coen
356 Fan

#3 Post by Bruce Coen »

Rafik Dous wrote:A helpful 356er already highlighted that the brackets are for the trunk lock. I should've picked it up
Rafik,

Not for a gas heater, for the regular heater. That is the heater control. It mounts on the tunnel in front of the shifter. There should be a knob on top of it. When you turn the knob, it pulls the cables that are routed through the tunnel to the heater valves and flapper boxes.

bc
Bruce Coen
1965 Coupe #219262
2000 911 Cabriolet

Eric Cherneff
356 Fan

#4 Post by Eric Cherneff »

Bruce Coen wrote:
Rafik Dous wrote:A helpful 356er already highlighted that the brackets are for the trunk lock. I should've picked it up
Rafik,

Not for a gas heater, for the regular heater. That is the heater control. It mounts on the tunnel in front of the shifter. There should be a knob on top of it. When you turn the knob, it pulls the cables that are routed through the tunnel to the heater valves and flapper boxes.

bc
Bruce has got it right - but let me add that it is for a 356A, not a T5B. The B and later ones had an integrated shifter/heater control housing.
Eric Cherneff
1966 912

356 Registry database manager